Der Patch 4.1 ist seit etwa einer Woche draußen und schon wird der nächste Patch auf dem PTR (Public Test Realm) getestet. Seit Kurzem stehen auch schon die Patchnotes zum Patch 4.2 zur Verfügung, bisher leider nur in englisch. Ich muss sagen, die bisher bekannten Krieger-Änderungen kann ich nur willkommen heißen! Nie mehr Stance-Dance!!!
World of Warcraft PTR Patch 4.2
Notes for all World of Warcraft patches can be found here.
Table of Contents
Click a link to be directed directly to the corresponding section of the patch notes.
- Crowd Control
- Many crowd control abilities no longer cause creatures to attack players when they are cast. The creature will not attack the player when the crowd control wears off, and nearby creatures will not become hostile to the player either. However, if a visible player gets too close to the target creature, the creature will remember and attack the player when the crowd control effect wears off. The intent is to make it easier for dungeon groups to manage crowd control assignments and pulling packs of hostile NPCs. The abilities affected by this change are: Hibernate, Entangling Roots, Wyvern Sting (will still cause hostility when it begins to deal damage), Freezing Trap, Polymorph, Repentance, Shackle Undead, Blind, Hex, Bind Elemental, Banish, Seduction.
- Druids now gain 1 attack power per point of Strength, down from 2. They continue to gain 2 attack power per point of Agility while in Cat Form or Bear Form.
- Entangling Roots and the equivalent spell triggered by Nature’s Grasp no longer deal damage.
- Innervate now grants an ally target 5% of his or her maximum mana over 10 seconds, but still grants 20% of the druid’s maximum mana over 10 seconds when self-cast.
- Talent Specializations
- Insect Swarm now generates 8 Lunar Energy for druids with Eclipse.
- Moonfire now generates 8 Solar Power for druids with Eclipse.
- Sunfire now generates 8 Lunar Energy for druids with Eclipse.
- Glyph of Innervate now causes the druid to gain 10% of his or her maximum mana over 10 seconds when Innervate is used on a friendly target, in addition to Innervate’s base effect.
- Ring of Frost now has a 1.5-second cast time.
- Talent Specializations
- Beacon of Light can no longer be dispelled.
- Speed of Light now increases movement speed when Holy Radiance or Divine Protection are cast.
- Priest Bug Fixes
- Players will no longer prematurely cancel a channeled spell when clicking on the Lightwell.
- Blind duration against enemy NPCs is now 1 minute, while the duration against players remains 8 seconds.
- Stealth now once again begins its cooldown once the rogue leaves Stealth.
- Warlock Bug Fixes
- It is no longer possible to leave combat while channeling Drain Soul.
- Overpower now has a 1.5-second cooldown and global cooldown (Taste for Blood’s Overpower cooldown has not changed).
- Retaliation, Recklessness and Shield Wall no longer have stance requirements.
- Dungeon Journal is in the process of being implemented. While some UI elements may exist in the current Public Test Realm build, the feature is not yet complete.
- The Reins of the Dark Phoenix, purchased from the Guild Vendor, has had its art improved. It’s now less transparent and indisputably more awesome.
- Eye of the Storm has been added into the rotation as a 10-man Rated Battleground. The tug-of-war style capture points have been replaced with Arathi Basin style capture points to better support 10v10 competition. This change applies only to Rated Battlegrounds. Eye of the Storm is otherwise still a 15-player Battleground with tug-of-war style capture points.
- War Games
- Many improvements are being made to the War Games interface, though the changes are not yet fully functional.
- Characters can now be reorganized at the Character Selection screen. This feature not yet fully functional and the reorganization of characters doesn’t save at this time.
- The cast bar can now be moved to display below the Character frame.
- Move Pad is a mouse-click interface for movement which is now built into the base interface.